Monday, November 2, 2009

Sutter studio session


Had set up our living room as a workshop to trace more images on cardboard, which eventually will be cut as stencils.
Sure do appreciate living in a place with enough room to use an overhead projector for this project. Our last apartment in London was a one room studio that was big enough to unfold a folding table and that's about it!

I first taped a sketch of the bubble-blowing girl that I did last night on the scaffold (with Capt. Anila commandeering the projector in the conference room)
Then I moved the overhead projector back & forth and
matched the girl from the projector to the sketch taped to our wall. This made the rest of the images on our living room to scale to the sketch of the girl that I did on the mural wall last night. Pretty clever, eh?

Crossing my fingers, hoping this all works!



Bonus tracks...

While working, I played these and other LP's on Anila's turntable.
Thanks for everyone's patience, but we're gonna have a dance party as soon as we snag a 2nd turntable & a mixer.
Practice your dance routines in the meantime!

No comments: